Do you want to work for a fast paced and growing telecommunications company? Baltic Training Services and Between the Lines Communication are excited to be recruiting for a Technical Operations Apprentice to join their office based operations team in Bracknell. The company provide businesses with bespoke IT and telecoms products and services and due to their ongoing success and growth they are now looking to source new talent to complement their existing workforce.
A wise man once said, "The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow" Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and breakdown barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you're looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
Working within an existing team which combines long standing members of staff with recently placed apprentices you will be trained and involved in the following duties:
- Provision of new services including web hosting, ASDL connections, VPN networks, telephone lines and mobile services.
- Resolving faults on the above services using remote tools, supplier portals and defined processes.
- Researching projects from time to time to source alternative suppliers or products.
- Liaising with suppliers as and when required.
Training to be provided:
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Networking Fundamentals
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals
- ITIL Foundation
- Cloud Fundamentals
- Coding and Logic
- Level 2 Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and ICT)
Skills and qualifications required:
- 5 GCSE's A-C grades, including Math's and English
- Passion for IT
- Excellent knowledge of software and hardware
- Good problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and desire to learn new skills on a daily basis
The future is bright
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £192 per week
- £1k bonus for completion and passing of the apprenticeship.
- 39.5 hours per week.
- 9am to 6pm with 1 hour lunch. 5.30pm finish on Friday
- 20 Days Holiday
Location and Travel
The successful candidate will be working in a busy office based in Bracknell. Just half a mile walk from Bracknell Station and close to many local bus stops, the office is easily accessible.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need. So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!