Baltic Training and Aviva are excited to be recruiting for an Apprentice Digital Software Developer to join their forever growing team within the Web and Data department based in Central Norwich.
Aviva are a multinational insurance company, operating in 16 countries across the globe. In the UK, Aviva are the largest general insurer with over 33milion customers nationwide! Due to the continuous success of our client they are looking for a like-minded and dedicated developer to bring some fresh new ideas to the team!
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Not only do our apprentices learn faster and earn money at the same time, they gain invaluable workplace experience.
When it comes to apprenticeships, research shows that apprentices can earn up to £4,000 more per year than their peers. Alongside this, all apprentices are entitled to other benefits such as pension and national insurance contributions, and also paid holiday entitlement. If you are ready to earn more, you are ready to start an apprenticeship with Baltic Training
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties
- Writing and testing code for our Web or Mobile Applications
- Using distributed version control systems to maintain our solutions' source code
- Applying software design patterns to commonly encountered coding problems
- Using Behaviour Driven Development practices to deliver quality solutions
Training to be provided:
- Level 4 Software Developer
- Systems Development and Object Programming
- Database Design and Project Management
- HTML5 Application Development MTA
- External Assessments
Skills and qualifications required:
- Evidence of programing interests (e.g. examples of own written codes)
- Performance driven
- Good team player, networking across the Virtual team
- 3 A-Levels or equivalent is Desirable
- Must want to peruse a long term career within the Industry.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £16,500 per annum
- Full time (35 hours per week)
Location and travel
This role is located a stone's throw away from Norwich City Football Club, and is easy accessible to all major Transport links.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!